Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 12

Well we met with our nurse at the Highland Park IVF center. It only took about an hour form Elgin so it will be about an hour and a half for us on the 2 "big" days. We can do all of my monitoring at the Hoffman Estates office which is really nice.
Our timeline is intense but will be well worth it in the end. I started the pill last week and let me just say I am having a really hard time remembering to take it. I had to set an alarm on my phone to remind me...
Tuesday the 17th starts our first round of injections. Lupron,which is used to help prevent me from ovulation, is the name of the medicine. I have to give myself a 1 shot a day between 6 and 10 pm in my abdomen.
August 25th is my next Dr's appointment and they will do blood work and ultrasound then on the 27th is when the intensity of this is going to hit. Along with Lupron once a day I will have to give myself to other shots, Gonal F and Menopur which will help my body produce eggs, lots of them and hopefully good ones.
I will be on those 3 shots once a day between 6-10pm for about 12 days. It all depends on how my body reacts to the stimulation. I will be at my Dr every 1-3 days for monitoring. The egg retrieval will most likely be the week of September 6th.
We were overwhelmed after the appointment and I am scared to death that I am going to mess something up and mix it wrong, do it wrong etc...But everything will work out!!
We had a very relaxing, great weekend at the cabin and today is our 1 year anniversary. Enjoying the day with my family and staying as stress free as I possibly can...

No comments:

Post a Comment