Sunday, August 22, 2010

husband number 2

Today I was nervous.  I have offered to give her the shots but up till today I haven't done one.  I basically take a sharp object and stab my wife.  I know that the needle is only an inch long, but you're sticking something sharp into the person that I have sworn to never hurt in any way.  It's really difficult to describe because you just think in your head, oh well it's just an in/out kinda deal. 

Today I manned up.  I was able to put my fears aside and give Carli a shot tonight.  It's fairly easy for me to hide things and apparently my nerves didn't show.  It was a very fast thing and it was taken care of in a matter of 25 seconds.  She did say it went well and she barely felt it.  I definitely will not have a problem with it again if need be.

Kylee seems to be doing better with a lot of things.  We get along great.  She still has moments of not listening, but she is 7 and that's sort of to be expected.  She has seen Carli get several of her shots, and although it probable doesn't compute what is going on, she seems okay with it. 

I also learned that Carli's dad brought up the question of "what if it doesn't work?  What's next?"  My insurance provides us with 4 IVF's so if this doesn't work then we do have 3 more available.  It's hard to understand exactly what this is doing to Carli, but I don't want to put her through anything that she doesn't need to go through.  We will see what happens soon and hopefully we don't have to worry about this question again.

Stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment