Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The waiting game

My Uncle Frank was laid to rest today and I was at home. Feel terrible about not being there but my Dad of all people told me to stay home and get some rest. Was dressed and ready to go when he called me.
I had a hard time on Sunday. Like we have both said, everything has gone perfect up to the point of the transfer. The lab guy wasn't making any sense to me so I didn't think anything of it. Then the Dr came in. She said she was surprised/disappointed at the outcome of the eggs and for that reason we could transfer 2 instead of the 1 she was so adamant about.
I was crushed. Instantly started crying. Not what you want to hear on the day of something that seemed so promising.
The lab called us yesterday and said the other embryos didn't survived so we couldn't freeze anything. He did however say the 2 that were transferred were good and healthy. Made me feel a lot better.
So whats next?? 9 more days of waiting to find out if we are pregnant or not. That is a looong time to wait!
We have a follow up consult appointment with my Dr to go over everything a week after we find out. I hate that I even have to think that it's possible to get a negative. I have had my fill of negatives and honestly don't know how many more I can take...

No comments:

Post a Comment