Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today was the day

Was at the Dr at 9 to get my blood drawn. I had the phone call already planned out when they called me with the results at 3.
Went a little differently than I expected...Usually a nurse calls me and today the Dr actually called me at 1:45. She said well, I am thinking to myself how sucky it would be to have to deliver bad news like this. But surprised me with, It's not negative BUT my hcg level is low. Like really low. She said that she has seen pregnancies continue with low levels with no problem but we need to be prepared just in case it's low because something is wrong. She was concerned with the fact that the retrieval was over 2 weeks ago and the transfer was 11 days ago.
At the transfer she said that we were early blastocyst stage which means it had some more developing to do before our embryo implanted. So, Nick and I think MAYBE our embie implanted later and it's just too early.
So, I continue on my meds through the weekend and go back Monday morning for another check. I feel so good about this and bad news or good news this is a huge step in our journey. 
In the 16 months we have been trying we have NEVER had a positive. I could not feel any better about where this is going.
And I am the first to admit how wrong I was with knowing what the result was going to be...
Positive thoughts and fingers crossed this is it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment