Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Husband 4

What a four day weekend!  Four days, three Dr. appointments, two trips to Highland Park, one trip to Glenview, and a partridge in a pear tree......

Today was day four.  The second to last step on this hopeful destination.  The curtain rose at 6 AM in Highland Park and we were told 36 hours ago so we had to rush to get things set.  Between getting Kylee taken care of and sleeping at the in-laws there was a lot to take care of.  Andy to the rescue.  Sarah said she would take care of it but that would mean getting Kylee out of her routine and that was something that we didn't want to do.  Andy drove all the way back from Cleveland and got to Bob's place got in his car and drove all the way out here.  Talk about coming through in the clutch.  On the plus side we spent the whole day cleaning, and changing sheets and whatnot so the house was in good order.

Left the Bero compound at 4:56 AM and got to Highland Park at about 5:45.  Got taken into the back area where they had Carli put on her gown and stuff and I got to see her naked butt.  Always a good start to the day!  That's when they went over the medication schedule and all that jazz.  Shortly after at about 6:20 they took me back to take care of my business.  Earlier in the process they told us that they wished that guys would come in and do a sample to freeze in case they had trouble producing on the day off.  Well needless to say I was confident that wouldn't be a problem so I naturally told them no.  Well as they are leading me back to the room, I walk in to it and there is NO TV, NO DVD player.  Nothing but 3 playboys and 1 penthouse.  All of them are over 3 years old and in disgusting condition!  I naturally panicked!  Let me just tell you that it is one of the toughest things to do.  I was able to take care of business and was out of there at 6:28. 

At around 6:40 or so the Dr. came in.  I thought she was just a shadow because in all of the times I have gone with I have never heard or seen her once.  It was nice to actually meet the woman that could possibly help us conceive.  They took Carli back and about 15 minutes later the Dr. came back and said that everything had gone perfect.  Carli came 5 minutes later.  They laid her in the chair and she slept for a good 20 minutes.  After she woke up they came in and told us they had retrieved 20 eggs!  What a relief!

There are a couple things that I have learned during this process.  First and foremost, my wife is something incredible.  I love her more every moment of the day, and to have gone through this and not end up in the Elgin Mental Health Center is something amazing.  Second is that Kylee will be an incredible big sister when she is finally given that opportunity.  She has been so good throughout the whole process.  She is always ready to help with the alcohol prep, or holding the paper towel if the shots gave out a little bit of blood.  I can't wait to see how awesome she is going to be as a big sister.

More to come in a couple days.  Tomorrow we will find out how the cultures are growing and what day we can expect to come in for the transfer.  Hopefully it will be 5 days meaning that everything has gone as planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment